Aussies Aren't Happy About The Beach TripAdvisor Just Ranked #1 In The Country
Of all the beaches in all the land...
Every year TripAdvisor ranks the world’s best beaches as voted by travellers.
The 2019 list has, as always, ruffled plenty of beach-goer's feathers.
Of all the glorious stretches of deserted coastline and pristine waters around Australia, Manly Beach on Sydney’s North Shore has topped them all.
And Aussies are like:
Don't get us wrong: Manly is pretty decent as far as beaches go, but with so many tourists and bars it’s more Gold Coast than coastal.
Plus, when you're comparing it to tropical deserted beaches like those in Queensland, well - just look at that water!
Last year Manly was bested by Bournemouth Beach on England’s southern coast, which - at #20 this year - still outranks every other Australian beach.
That’s less of a kick in the teeth than in 2013 when a beach from Wales bested every Australian beach bar one.
Oh, and also still better than the lists from 2018 and 2017 in which Aussie beaches failed to make the Top 10.
I'm guessing the people voting for Manly haven't been to many other beaches. Far from Australia's best beach. Like not even in the top 50,” one person wrote on Facebook.
“Sydney beaches are always cold and dirty,” another wrote. “Queensland leave all Sydney beaches for dead.”
Check out the list for yourself:
1. Baia do Sancho — Fernando de Noronha, Brazil
2. Varadero Beach — Varadero, Cuba
3. Eagle Beach — Palm — Eagle Beach, Aruba
4. La Concha Beach — San Sebastian — Donostia, Spain
5. Grace Bay Beach — Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
6. Clearwater Beach — Clearwater, Florida
7. Spiaggia dei Conigli — Sicily, Italy
8. Seven Mile Beach — Seven Mile Beach, Cayman Islands
9. Playa Norte — Isla Mujeres, Mexico
10. Seven Mile Beach — Negril, Jamaica.
TripAdvisor also released a list of the Top 10 Australian beaches - again with Manly holding court in the #1 spot for the second year in a row.
Out of the Top 10 beaches, half are in Queensland while New South Wales and Western Australia are neck and neck with two beaches each.
Winners are determined based on the quantity and quality of traveller reviews and ratings for beaches over the last 12 months.
Top 10 Australian Beaches
1. Manly Beach – Sydney, NSW
2. Surfer’s Paradise Beach – Surfers Paradise, QLD
3. Turquoise Bay – Exmouth, WA
4. Mooloolaba Beach – Mooloolaba, QLD
5. Whitehaven Beach – Whitsunday Island, QLD
6. Bondi Beach – Sydney, NSW
7. Noosa Main Beach – Noosa, QLD
8. Burleigh Heads Beach – Burleigh Heads, QLD
9. Cable Beach – Broome, WA
10. Mindil Beach – Darwin, NT
Which beach do you think is the best in Australia?