We figured out what Antoni Porowski’s new show is and it’s not what you think
It couldn’t be more different to Queer Eye.
First things first, if you don’t know who Antoni Porowski is then do yourself a favour and watch Netflix’s Queer Eye.
Thank us later.
Those of you who DO know Antoni probably know him as one of the Fab 5, guacamole extraordinaire, eyeliner expert and all-round handsome dude.
So when Antoni posted a very creepy very cryptic video of him on Instagram on Halloween-eve we were just a teensy bit confused.
The video shows Antoni channeling his inner Patrick Bateman from American Psycho, complete with devilish stares and stretches in his tighty-whities (no complaints here).
But, we gotta say, the video left us a little confused.
If the Netflix logo at the very end is anything to go by, the clip is part of a promo for some sort of series.
Is it a cooking show?
Is it shaving ad?
Is it a porno?
Is he the next Bachelor?
Well we’ve done some sleuthing and the answer is not what you might think.
It’s part of a new horror-themed Netflix ‘series’ called Don’t Watch This.
The series is actually an anthology of short films which pays homage to classic horror in different ways.
The five episodes range from 2-9 minutes in duration and look spooky as hell.
The official episode catalogue is as follows:
- Ep1: ‘Friendship Bracelet’: When two popular girls show up to her birthday party, outcast Julie goes to chilling extremes to make them her best friends.
- Ep2: ‘CTRL+ALT+DEL’: A spiteful hacker lured into a virtual reality game on the dark web races to solve three challenges—with harrowing results.
- Ep3: ‘Incommodum’: Ominous symbols, bodily horrors and other frights converge in a surreal nightmare that’s not for the squeamish.
- EP4: ‘Keep Out’: Teaming up for one last spooky viral video, friends Noah and Alex break into a long-abandoned house, only to discover they’re not alone.
- Ep5: ‘Antoni Psycho’: As Queer Eye food and wine expert Antoni Porowski shares the secrets of his healthy morning rituals, hints of a darker side emerge.
This lineup comes from the minds of Netflix, Crypt TV, the producers of Haunted, and, randomly, the exec producers of Queer Eye.
That explains Antoni’s appearance.
So if you’re into horror, have a spare 25 minutes and want to ruin Antoni’s sweet disposition for yourself, then why not give it a crack?
Don’t Watch This is streaming now on Netflix.
Enjoy and sweet dreams.
Images: Netflix / Don’t Watch This, Giphy / Giphy
ENOUGH WORDS! RELAX YOUR EYEBALLS WITH THIS VIDEO:
The Rap King returns! Wippa made his Rap Up of the Week comeback with a surprise international guest