Bachelor in Paradise producers defend their decision to include Blake Colman

1 min read
Blake Colman

He's got a history of assault. 

ICYMI, last year it was revealed that Bachelorette star Blake Colman, from Sophie Monk's season, had been charged with assault after fighting with a man named Tristan Cooper. Cooper's injuries were so severe he had to get four staples in his head. Perth Now reported at the time he was “unconscious, paralysed and bleeding from the head.”

Tristan told the publication:

“He just came running up and with all his body weight sort of grabbed me in the back of the head.”

Police later found footage and audio of Blake laughing about the fight in a taxi. Blake was ordered to pay Tristan $850. 

Around the same time news of the assault was made public, it was also revealed that Blake threatened to sell nude photos of Jen Hawke, a contestant on Matty J's season of The Bachelor. 

Now, the production company behind Bachelor In Paradise, Warner Brothers, has made a statement to News Corp, defending their decision to have him on the show:

"Background checks, including police checks, are done on all contestants in reality shows, and these checks are conducted by the relevant production company... In Blake’s case, his police check was clear."

Blake also spoke to The West Australian about the allegations on Saturday and said:

"A lot happened to me after (The Bachelorette) and there are some things I can’t change and I made some mistakes. I just sort of took that time away from social media and I didn’t actually leave the house really for two months. I was invited to all of these events and I couldn’t go because I was just thinking how… I can’t change the past but how can I make the future better."

Let's hope he's telling the truth. 

Image: Channel Ten

ENOUGH WORDS! RELAX YOUR EYEBALLS WITH THIS VIDEO 

Bachelor In Paradise's Jake and Tara tell us everything they can about the show

Written By Marni Dixit